2022-2024 Request for Proposals
Heart of Indiana United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community. We were established in 2021 when United Way of Delaware, Henry, and Randolph Counties and United Way of Madison County joined forces to create lasting changes and a brighter future for the communities in Delaware, Fayette, Henry, Madison, and Randolph counties.
The purpose of this Request for Proposals is to select partners from across our region who share a common vision, and will work with us to achieve the following long-term goals:
- Children are reading at grade level by the end of third grade—Campaign for Grade Level Reading (See link under “Method of Submission” for details)
- Adults and families achieve financial stability—THRIVE Network (Currently Delaware, Henry and Madison County organizations only. See link under “Method of Submission” for details)
- Individuals and families have their basic needs met—Weaving the Safety Net (See link under “Method of Submission” for details)
All applicant organizations must illustrate that they:
- Provide service in Delaware, Fayette, Henry, Madison or Randolph County.
- Are a nonprofit organization with approved 501(c)3 IRS tax status, or a government or educational entity that provides services in the Heart of Indiana region and has an active Board of Directors.
- Have filed timely 990 tax returns.
- Have no current or past legal actions related to financial management.
- Have an active volunteer finance committee that regularly reviews and approves budget and financial reports.
- Have core funding in place for their basic operations.
- Have significant experience delivering services for which they are applying.
- Have the intent and capacity to fully participate in partner meetings and working sessions.
- Engage with and are accountable to the communities they serve with a solid understanding of each community strengths and challenges and complementary resources and services.
- Have made an ongoing commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice.
Funding and Implementation Timeframe
Grants will be awarded (and Memorandums of Understanding executed) for two-year grant cycles, beginning July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024. Continued funding is contingent upon Heart of Indiana United Way meeting annual fundraising goals and funded partners meeting performance objectives outlined in the executed MOU.
Grant Review Timeline
February 28: Release of RFP
April 15: Proposal due date
April 16 – May 16: Proposal review
May 20: Funding awards announced
Method of Submission
The RFP is available on, and proposals must be submitted through the United Way website. Required documents to be uploaded:
- Agency Budget
- Program Budget
- Most recent board approved Financial statement
- Current list of Board of Directors with affiliation
- Most recent 990 tax return
To apply for Grade Level Reading, please click HERE
To apply for Thrive Network, please click HERE
To apply for Safety Net, please click HERE