WHAT IS THE EQUITY ADVANCEMENT FUND?
A partnership with Community Foundations in the Heart of Indiana region on a new mini-grants program designed to help strengthen and advance equity in the counties served by Heart of Indiana United Way (Delaware, Henry, Fayette, Randolph, Madison and South Madison Counties). Currently, Heart of Indiana United Way is raising funds that will be matched by our Community Foundation partners to make grants available. The goal is to open up rolling grant opportunities from the fund by the fall of 2023
· Support efforts that are led by or serve underserved, underrepresented, or under-resourced persons in our communities. (Examples include those who encounter barriers based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, economic, culture, language, immigration status, low literacy, age, special needs, and/or geographic location).
· Grants requests of $500 to $2,000 will be considered.
· These entry-level grants are designed to help small, grassroots organizations that have not applied for funding in the past to easily enter the granting process and build relationships for future funding and capacity-building opportunities.
· Opportunities for grassroots organizations/programs without 501c3 status will be incorporated into grant eligibility.
· Eligibility will require potential applicants to be based in 1 of the 5 counties served by Heart of Indiana United Way. Grants must benefit persons outlined above in some area of human services.