Join our Team
Women United Engagement Manager (Part-time)
Heart of Indiana United Way (HIUW) is seeking an individual to work part-time (10-15 hours/week) with our Women United affinity group. Ideal candidate should be an ambitious, highly organized multi-tasker with experience in fundraising, program, and volunteer management. A passion for donor engagement and community impact is a must! This is a grant-funded position with current funding providing for 9-12 months compensation. Extending position based on fundraising success.
The Women United Engagement Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in launching HIUW’s Women United Affinity group across 5-county region
- Maintain and expand meaningful relationships on behalf of HIUW with Women United members and prospects to engage them in the work, and raise funds to support programs
- Assist members of the Women United Volunteer Leadership Committee with planning and executing engagement activities such as volunteer projects, advocacy opportunities, social events, and other opportunities for members and friends to connect and work.
- Grow membership revenue and overall philanthropic investment by Women United for the communities served by HIUW through individual, team, and volunteer-led strategies
- Provide administrative and logistical support to volunteer leaders, including coordinating Women United committee meetings and agendas, drafting minutes, and offering best practices to volunteer leaders by leveraging the United Way national network.
- Assist with recruitment and of crucial Women United volunteer leaders and provide overall governance guidance to ensure robust volunteer leadership of Women United that is commensurate with the program’s size and organizational resources provided to it.
- Be the go-to point of contact to assist HIUW’s development staff with their fundraising plans to promote support of Women United with aligned corporate partners and their employees.
The position will demonstrate the ability to be organized and flexible, identify trends, and understand HIUW impact priorities to implement work accordingly.
Post Secondary Degree – Associates or Bachelor’s. Significant volunteer management or fundraising experience or equivalent considered in lieu of degree.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the mission of United Way and community change work
- Work independently while participating with the Resource Development team
- High energy, results oriented
- Exceptional professionalism and ownership of organizational goals
- Relevant non-profit program experience preferred
- Experience in event design and management
- Mastery and satisfaction in managing and supporting volunteers
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both verbally and in writing, and comfortable interacting with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and virtual meeting facilitation.
Position type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time, grant-funded position, 10-15 hours per week. Flexible scheduling may be permitted during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. This position does require work at times outside of normal business hours, such as late afternoon committee meetings, evening events, and occasional weekends.
The mission of Heart of Indiana United Way is to improve the quality of life in our community by engaging people and organizations to advance education, income, and health outcomes for all. We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
Submit resume to Kim Williams, Vice President of Resource Development and Marketing, email@example.com