FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2023
OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS – Project Site Application Closed for 2023
You bring the project. We bring the volunteers.
Does your organization need help to start or finish a project?
Large or small, inside or out, technical or basic, we are looking for them all!
If your organization is interested in being a project site, please complete the form below by Friday, August 25th, 2023.
United Way and members of the DAY of CARING committee will review all submissions and notify you of your acceptance as an official DAY of CARING project site no later than September 1, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Heart of Indiana United Way at 765-608-3067.
Tips for a Successful DAY of CARING project:
- Assume that volunteers will need instruction on the project when they arrive at the work site.
- Allow time for a quick overview of your work and mission, and a tour of the facility and work site.
- Volunteers may be asked to bring things such as shovels, gloves, etc. but make sure to have all other needed materials ready to complete your project.
- Make sure to provide water for volunteers at each work site.
- Lunch with the volunteers is another great opportunity to connect with the volunteers. You are welcome, but not required, to provide lunch for the volunteers.
- Develop a backup list of activities in case the group finishes your projects early or bad weather disrupts your outdoor project.
- Organizations must provide liability coverage for volunteers assigned to their project.
8:30 am – 9:00 am Volunteer Check-In/Lunch Pick-Up
9:00 am Projects Begin at Agency Sites
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Volunteers’ Lunch Break
2:00 pm Projects End
Service Project Examples
Day of Caring in the past has included: indoor/outdoor painting, office cleaning, sorting donations, neighborhood cleanups, serving meals, reading to children, landscaping/lawn work, assembling informational packets, etc.